Am 10.03.2016 um 21:20 schrieb Cornelis Hoeflake:
Hi,

When we use for example PdfTextStripperByArea, is it required in that case
to have all non embedded fonts? Could we use a default (fallback) font in
stead of providing the correct fonts? Now we have a global (ThreadLocal)
font provider which is used for rendering and tasks like position based
text extraction. But skipping the font provider for text based text
extraction would simplify our code.

That is what is done a lot (using replacement fonts) in the 1.8 versions, which is why some files are not extracted correctly, due to size differences. It results in characters appearing at wrong positions due to different "avancement" values.

Tilman