Hello everybody,

if I understood it correctly you are planing to release PDFBox 3.0 in the not
too distant future.

Would you mind to provide a PDFBOX 3.0-alpha1 release in Maven Central, so that
I (and possible others too) could test open source and proprietary projects
with it?

Of course, the Alpha would have a big red warning „Not guaranteed to be source
or binary compatible with later 3.0 versions, for testing only!“.

This would allow to find issues which may need some source/binary compatible
changes before effectively freezing the 3.0 release.

Why does it need to be on Maven Central? => This would allow to start branches
targeting PDFBox 3.0 in open source projects and still be able to be build by
Travis, Github Actions etc.

I plan to do such PDFBox 3.0 branches for the two PDFBox related projects I’m
involved with (https://github.com/rototor/pdfbox-graphics2d
<https://github.com/rototor/pdfbox-graphics2d>,
https://github.com/danfickle/openhtmltopdf
<https://github.com/danfickle/openhtmltopdf>).