Am 01.06.22 um 16:09 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
There's a Zapf Dingbats replacement FoxitDingbats with a nice license:
https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/blob/master/external/standard_fonts/FoxitDingbats.pfb
https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/blob/master/external/standard_fonts/LICENSE_FOXIT

Sadly I'm unable to open this file. It should start with 0x80 but doesn't. I tried adding it with a SequenceInputStream but got another error. (Which resulted in PDFBOX-5424).
I was able to open it using FontForge on Linux. I'm afraid the file extension is misleading. It isn't a PS-type1 font. I was able to parse the font using the CFFParser.

In the distant future, my wish is that we distribute the standard 14 fonts and use these as fallback (currently we use only one font), to increase the likelihood that PDFBox "just works" when used on smaller systems without lots of fonts.
A good idea

Andreas

Tilman