Am 08.09.23 um 17:32 schrieb axh:
Hi Anna-Katharina,

what version are you using? In the current 3.0, the stream is closed
(implicitly) by using the try-with-resources syntax
(https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/exceptions/tryResourceClose.html):

try (CipherInputStream cis = new CipherInputStream(data, cipher))
{
     …
}
According to Git Blame, try-with-resources has been used at that point since
2017, so there should be no problem. Disclaimer: I am not a maintainer, I just
sometimes contribute code.
In PDFBox 2.0.x the stream is closed in a finally block.

I guess we are fine here.

Andreas

Axel

Am 08.09.2023 um 14:08 schrieb Anna-Katharina Wickert