we'd need the sample PDF and compare with what Acrobat does. But at
certain sizes a clipping might occur as the scaling ends at a certain
size. That's also what Acrobat does.

All that stuff is based on looking at Acrobat generated samples and
trying to reproduce that in PDFBox. There is no detailed documentation
about the layout model as this is not part of the PDF spec.

BR
Maruan