Github user maryannxue commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/phoenix/pull/222

    2. We'll leave it then. I think the future solution can be either 1) add as
built-in funcs in Calcite; or 2) add type derivation mechanism for UDFs in
Calcite.
    3. See "getAdjustedTime" in CalciteUtils then. You might need to do
something similar somewhere, or this method is doing something wrong in the
first place.

    Please go ahead with 1, 3 and 6, but feel free to leave out 3 if it doesn't
work out easily for you.

---
with INFRA.
---