See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3658 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3659 for the full details.

The summary is that I noticed two dependencies that we're including (one direct, one transitive) that are disallowed.

The direct dependency (org.json:json by phoenix-flume) is technically "ok" but only until 2017/04/30 when the grace-period expires. Essentially, we've used up half of the time allotted to fix this one already ;)

The latter is one that we inherited from HBase. We can address it by bumping the 1.1 and 1.2 hbase version -- but I'd be interested in hearing if others have opinions on whether we do that or try to surgically remove the dependency from our bundling.

- Josh