On 10/18/17 2:51 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
Hopefully, Phoenix will not find itself in a position where
business-critical things it's doing are being removed from API (and Phoenix
has no recourse to hack what it needs back in place).

I feel fairly confident this is going to happen given the radical excision
of methods from the interfaces. What I hope is we can get a round of
evaluation by the Phoenix folks of the fallout in between our introduction
of these changes in an alpha before we cement the changes in a GA release.

/me nods

I know Ankit and Rajeshbabu have already started looking at this internally (I'll take the blame there -- I didn't expect 4.12 to go out the door so quickly, I had recommended they just do it locally for now).

I've asked them to pull the work they've done in porting out to Apache. I'm expecting that we'll see them push up a branch with what they have tomorrow :)

Getting us to a place where we have a branch of Phoenix with the necessary HBase 2.0 fixes in place is the path forward I see. I'll help out as much as I can here too.