Hi Hidir,

In most (maybe all) cases, Phoenix (thick) driver configuration properties can also be picked up off of the classpath via hbase-site.xml.

For tools that allow you to specify additional classpath elements, you can add the directory containing hbase-site.xml with your configuration properties set. For tools that do not let you do this, you can add a copy of hbase-site.xml to the phoenix-client.jar itself.

I would agree that being able to specify properties like this in the URL would be nice. You would have my blessing to implement such an improvement :)