Thanks Josh for doing this.

Do they have to be conflated so? Each community is doing their own
conference. This page/announcement makes it look like they have been
squashed together.

Thanks,

You have any concrete suggestions I can change?

You have hbasecon+phoenixcon which to me reads as a combined conference. I
thought we wanted to avoid this sort of messaging. Probably best to have
separate announcement pages.

I was originally intending to have separate pages, but I scrapped that because:

* I didn't have the time to make two sites (one took longer than I expected)
* I wasn't seeing content differentiation between the two

I'm hoping that, without getting word-y, there's a way that I can better express this? I definitely struggled with how to refer to these.

Would something like having the HBase "version" read only "HBaseCon", and the Phoenix "version", "PhoenixCon" make you happier? Does the "About" section read as to what you were expecting or would you like to see more separation there too?

Just to bring this full-circle, I've pushed an update to both websites to try to further clarify this if others want to re-look.