+1

I think HBase 1.2 is soon to be dropped as well (maybe after 1.2.7, but I might be inventing that). I'm also not so sure about the value behind a 1.3 release either (I think Andrew's 1.4 branch is much more relevant).

Getting to and HBase 1.4 and HBase 2.x sounds ideal to me (hopefully, we can avoid a 2.0 and 2.1 schism...), and whatever CDH stuff Pedro wants to support.