GitHub user DarinJ opened a pull request:

    WIP: Submodule Refactor Phase 1

    This is going to have to be broken into chunks.
    -1. Pulled out mapreduce, storm and spark (sparkstreaming in spark)
    -2. Added methods to ResponderPlugin interface to setup a responder for a
test and return the decrypted response.
    -2. Refactored `org.apache.pirk.test.DistributedTestSuite`,
`org.apache.pirk.test.Utils.BaseTests` to handle submodules.  This will likely
need more work as the unit tests in pirk-core depend on some of the code in
`org.apache.pirk.test.Utils.BaseTests` as a goal is to pull the distributed
tests into a submodule.
    I've tested the Distributed Tests with the JSON input format on a local K8s
hadoop cluster.  I haven't been able to set up an Elastic Search instance yet,
but it looks like those tests "Fail correctly".
    Todo Pull out Querier, Responder, Benchmarks, etc Modules as mentioned on
the mailing list.  Some methods in the framework responder impls need pulled
out into a either an abstract class, interface with default methods, or class
with static methods.
    This is still rough, but I think it's the right direction.  I took notes on
the DistributedTestSuite and how state is being moved to various locations via
system configurations.  I'll post those and suggestions to the mailing list.
Likely it'll be useful to the configuration discussion.

    $ git pull submoduleRefactor

    This closes #108
commit 369ab26a962ce90585444484ad734748b1d52cc7
Author: Darin Johnson <>
Date:   2016-09-29T02:44:31Z

    Submodule Refactor Phase
    -1. Pulled out mapreduce, storm and spark responders,
    -2. Refactored `org.apache.pirk.test.DistributedTestSuite` to handle
     Todo Pull out Querier, Responder Modules as mentioned on the mailing list.

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.