On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Javen O'Neal wrote:
I was thinking we should treat documentation artifacts like build
artifacts: only version control the source, host the artifacts on a regular
file server.

Consider moving documentation build artifacts to non-version-controlled web
server.

Currently, the only way to push files onto the main apache.org web servers is via svn. Previously you could do it via ssh/scp, but that was removed for various reasons (see the infra and infra-dev archives for full details if you care!). Today, the only way is to commit to a suitable bit of svn, which the web servers watch and fetch

Nick