Hi Kai,

I'm working on it ... or at least fiddling around with JAXB in the
unimportant parts of POI
like the xml signature classes.

My plan is to evaluate how JAXB binder vs. xmlbeans works out.
If it's ok for the signature stuff - which is very picky when it comes to
namespaces and modifications generally - then I would move on to XSLF.

I guess, JAXB won't be used in (S)XSSF within the next 1-2 years.

Regarding the memory usage, I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to get rid of
a in-memory xml representation while working on the data ... but having no
xml infoset attached would give away a lot of flexibility ...
(this is at least true for XSLF, my knowledge about (S)XSSF is rather
limited ...)

Andi