On 29/09/16 15:29, Javen O'Neal wrote:
Do we archive the release notes somewhere so that someone can read a
high-level summary of the changes for each release? Digging through
the dev@ email list archive to find the release notes draft or
searching a web archiver of one of the mirrors at a date in the past
seem suboptimal. There is no release notes file in the subversion tag
or a page on our site that summarizes the changes in a release more
concisely than changes.html.

The current https://poi.apache.org links to both 3.14 and 3.15, but we
overwrote the 3.14 release notes on
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/poi/release/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
and all mirrors when we released 3.15.

After a final release, the homepage and download page should only ever link to the most current final version. No other versions should live on the dist area, otherwise infra get grumpy...

When we do an alpha or beta release, then homepage + download should link to both

If we don't already, it might be good to deploy the release notes twice, once as "RELEASE-NOTES.txt" (overwritten often), once as "RELEASE-NOTES-<majorver>.txt". The latter would then always be available from archive.apache.org even after a newer final release. Thoughts?

Nick