I don't know enough about the differences to have an opinion either way,
and won't have time to Google the diffs for myself for a few weeks.  As
long as the POI APIs stay backward compatible (with current 4.0.0 APIs) it
shouldn't matter to me.  The few places I touch CT* classes outside POI,
it's almost always because I'm stuck on an older version and I've
improved/extended the higher level APIs in trunk already to remove that
dependency when I update.

Greg