Hi Dave,

thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the different site branch - POI has the site in the bin/src archives,
XmlBeans doesn't.

Although I'm not a fan of the bin/src archives, as I usually just use a package
manager to get the jars,
I'm a bit undecided what our goal should be:
a) having all in one package and create a snapshot of the docs => include site
in the archive
b) having smaller release archives and create the site by other means => remove
the link to the site (branch)

I'm ok with either generator - jBake or Pelican. If we would go for jBake, I
would recommend to use the groovy-mte templates so the documentation is really
groovy :), i.e. the structure/template is implemented via method calls or
json-like structures.

WRT Pelican, I like the ASF and Petri templates most - they rendering is ok on
my hidpi display and smartphone.
OpenOffice has some scaling problems on the hidpi display - smartphone is ok.

WRT Javadocs, not sure if I understood you right, but I assume we still
generate the docs with the javadoc default layout of the active (= as set in
the environment) JDK and update the POIs minor version directory with it. If
jBake/Pelican complains about a missing link here, we still can use external
links and replace them with local links via gradle for the archives.

Meanwhile others can focus on generating apidocs with Gradle.
The generation of the Javadocs itself is already implemented in gradle -
module-wise and overall - I just need to put the things together for the
src/bin archives.

Andi.