I think it definitely sounds interesting.

Do you have anything particular in mind regarding the scope of support?

I guess the obvious part would be to allow users to declare usage of the
built-in constraints in the spec and to declare new custom constraints
using the API. That should be solvable by converting/adapting the
constraints and i suspect the built-in constraints would be easier to
reimplement, than to integrate an existing validation implementation.

Some thoughts ...

1) I am not too sure about the version. Maybe we should consider looking
into bean-validation 1.1 instead, since 2.0 will be part of the yet
forthcoming
JEE8 and thus still bleeding edge.

2) We usually want to constrain ourselves to as few external dependencies
in core as possible. Could dependencies on JEE interfaces be an extension
to that rule, or do we need to add the support as a pluggable part,
external to core?

/Kent