On 9 February 2018 at 10:03, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hullo folks, time for a release methinks!
>
> This is a vote on the artifacts collected from the tree in the 0.10
> branch with commit hash a8ea8a044996ba0aea08fe59156edb79cd6f9db8.
>
> The tree can be inspected at
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/tree/a8ea8a044996ba0aea08fe59156edb79cd6f9db8
>
> The release candidate is available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ponymail/
>
> Specifically, this is a vote on
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ponymail/apache-pony-mail-0.10-incubating.tar.xz
> (md5, sha256 and sig files are provided as well).

The above URL is mutable (indeed will be removed at some point) so it
would be helpful to include the contents of at least one of the hashes
in the vote mail.
Otherwise it won't be follow the provenance of the artefact.

Also, why is the file compressed using xz?
That is a relatively unknown/new format and is unlikely to be
available on all systems.

By all means provide that as well, but I think sources should be
provided as gzip and zip for maximum usability.

-1 because of the above

I've not checked the contents yet.