On 02/09/2018 04:29 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 9 February 2018 at 10:03, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hullo folks, time for a release methinks!
>>
>> This is a vote on the artifacts collected from the tree in the 0.10
>> branch with commit hash a8ea8a044996ba0aea08fe59156edb79cd6f9db8.
>>
>> The tree can be inspected at
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/tree/a8ea8a044996ba0aea08fe59156edb79cd6f9db8
>>
>> The release candidate is available at:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ponymail/
>
> -1
>
> The dist archive does not agree with the GIT commit.

It doesn't have to agree. It is files _collected_ from that hash.

> At least one file is different (site/js/ponymail.js)

Correct, the version differs. This shouldn't be a problem.

> The test/ directory is missing, as are the STATUS and .gitignore files

Those files are not important to make a release. See above.
I could collect half the files and call a release, it doesn't have to
be a bit-by-bit representation of what's in git :)

> The signature MUST be ascii-armoured and detached and have the suffix
> .asc (not .sig)
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

I've added an ascii armored version. It should correspond to the binary one.