I don't think you should author code in the org.apache namespace that has not
gone through proper IP clearance channels. This came up with Gearpump before it
went into incubation. They dropped code on GitHub in the org.apache package
namespace. I asked if that was proper. The advice received was it was not,
because it did not originate from the foundation through the proper processes.
We asked them to change to something like io.gearpump (IIRC) and they were
happy to comply with the request.

If the release you want to make depends on templates and those templates have
not yet been donated and imported, I think you should wait. If you post a
release of PIO that depends on templates in this uncertain condition I'm afraid
I would need to vote -1 (binding) until this is resolved or we have
clarification it's ok.