Hi all,

I am going to wrap up the discussion regarding delayed delivery use cases.

For arbitrary delayed delivery, there are a few +1s to doing PIP-26 in
functions. I am assuming that we will go down this path, unless there are
other proposals.

However there is a use case Lovelle pointed out about "Fixed Delayed
Message". More specifically it is https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/3155
(The caption in #3155 is a bit misleading). IMO it is a "delayed
subscription", basically all messages in the subscription is delayed to
dispatch in a given time interval. The consensus of this feature is not yet
achieved. Basically, there will be two approaches for this:

a) DONT treat "fixed delayed message" as a different case. Just use the
same approach as in PIP-26.
b) treat "fixed delayed message" as a different case, e.g. we can better
call it "delayed subscription" or whatever can distinguish it from general
arbitrary delayed delivery. Use the approach proposed/discussed in #3155.

I would like the community to discuss this and also come to an agreement.
So Lovelle can move forward with the approach agreed by the community.

Thanks,
Sijie