Hi -

Now that the ASF has a notifier on GitHub Discussions I have no objection to
using discussions as long as these are visible on dev@pulsar.apache.org

> From the previous thread it seems that the Pulsar community has already
> multiple channels to catch up for contributors, while I only watch at
> mailing list and GitHub issues & PRs

I think that where the notifications are sent is important. Pulsar contributors
are supposed to be watching dev@pulsar.apache.org
discussions are visible to the community. I recommend that discussion
notifications be sent there.

> Besides, currently dev@ is full of Git notifications while we may sort them
> out to issues@ as in Apache Kvrocks[5].

Regarding other notifications: the project is inconsistent. Also, please note
that Pulsar does not have an issues@pulsar mailing list.

The main repository is using this default:
https://gitbox.apache.org/schemes.cgi?pulsar
<https://gitbox.apache.org/schemes.cgi?pulsar> which differs from
https://gitbox.apache.org/schemes.cgi?pulsar-site
<https://gitbox.apache.org/schemes.cgi?pulsar-site>

The overall notification scheme change is a new discussion which must be kept
separate.

Regards,
Dave