(Starting a new thread to detach from the general website discussion)

I think that it would be good to try to release a new Pulsar version ASAP,
following the Apache release process and requirements.

That would take the project out of the current limbo where we are in the
incubator, but we can only point users to Yahoo releases of Pulsar.

Once the 1st Apache release is ready, it would be easier to create new
releases, since most of comments and feedback from the IPMC are related to
release process and content of the artifacts. Once we establish that, the
rest will be downhill.

Questions:

 * Release Manager
   Does for podlings work in the same way as for TLPs? Should we design a
release manager?

 * Pending changes
    What are the pending changes that *absolutely* need to go in
1.19-incubating release?

 * Versioning number
   Since we're going from "pulsar" to "apache-pulsar" artifacts, as Dave
suggested it could be the right moment to change versions. The options I
see are :

    - 1.19-incubating This is keeping the continuity in versioning and also
signals that no major changes have been introduced.
    - 2.0-incubating I think should be reserved for breaking changes
    - 1.0-incubating I wouldn't go back in time

Any suggestions?

Open items:
 * Formalize the release procedure
    It should be documented in the Wiki so that each committer should be
able to perform a release.

For all committers, please go through these documents to familiarize with
the process, and provide feedback on the Pulsar release instruction wiki:

   - https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
   - http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html
   - http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html
   - http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html