Sure, can we also start early in creating the 1.22 branch?
We have a lot of changes meant for 2.0 that are waiting to be merged after
1.22.


On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:04 PM Jai Asher <jai.ashe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     Rajan and I are planning to start the release process on Monday (12
> Feb).
>     Is everyone fine with this? If yes then kindly get your PR merged by
> Monday.
>
> Regards,
> Jai
>
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 11:28 PM, Rajan Dhabalia <rdhaba...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, we can target 1.22.0-incubating release by reviewing and merging
> > pending PRs by end of this month and then we can prepare for 2.0 release.
> >
> > >> Also, are there any volunteers for release managers for both releases?
> > Sure, I can be release manager for 1.22.0-incubating.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rajan
> >
> >
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Matteo Merli <mme...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Since it has already been a while since last release (at least since
> when
> > > we closed the branch for 1.21), I would like to start discussion and
> from
> > > my side propose the following:
> > >
> > > 1. Release 1.22.0-incubating at the end of this month
> > >
> > >    We have already a considerable number of fixes and improvement over
> > 1.21
> > > and we should release that, along with pending PRs. I would suggest
> > anyone
> > > to mark current changes for either this or next release and help with
> > > reviewing them.
> > >
> > > 2. Prepare for 2.0 Pulsar release for end of February.
> > >     We have been discussing a while back to take the opportunity to
> make
> > > some changes in API or tools that break binary compatibility, and do
> them
> > > all at once.
> > >     I had created a project in Github to track the proposals:
> > > https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/projects/4
> > >     For this I would also propose to quickly create a branch for 1.22
> so
> > > that the work that is targeting 2.0 can be merged into master before
> the
> > > release is done.
> > >
> > > Please anyone share your thoughts on this proposal.
> > >
> > > Also, are there any volunteers for release managers for both releases?
> I
> > > can also pick up one of them otherwise.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Matteo
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Matteo Merli
> > > <mme...@apache.org>
> > >
> >
>
-- 
Matteo Merli
<mme...@apache.org>

Reply via email to