Is anyone interested in being a mentor for the summer of code program?

Also, does anyone has ideas of good projects that can be proposed?

Matteo

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ulrich Stärk <u...@apache.org>
Date: Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:19 PM
Subject: Google Summer of Code 2018 Mentor Registration
To: <ment...@community.apache.org>
Cc: d...@community.apache.org <d...@community.apache.org>

Dear PMCs,

I'm happy to announce that the ASF has made it onto the list of accepted
organizations for
Google Summer of Code 2018! [1,2]

It is now time for mentors to sign up, so please pass this email on to your
community and
podlings. If you aren’t already subscribed to ment...@community.apache.org
you should do so now else
you might miss important information.

Mentor signup requires two steps: mentor signup in Google's system [3] and
PMC acknowledgement.

If you want to mentor a project in this year's SoC you will have to

1. Be an Apache committer.
2. Request an acknowledgement from the PMC for which you want to mentor
projects. Use the below
template and *do not forget to copy ment...@community.apache.org*. We will
use the email adress you
indicate to send the invite to be a mentor for Apache.

PMCs, read carefully please.

We request that each mentor is acknowledged by a PMC member. This is to
ensure the mentor is in good
standing with the community. When you receive a request for
acknowledgement, please ACK it and cc
ment...@community.apache.org

Lastly, it is not yet too late to record your ideas in Jira (see my
previous emails for details).
Students will now begin to explore ideas so if you haven’t already done so,
record your ideas
immediately!

Cheers,

Uli

mentor request email template:
----
to: private@<project>.apache.org
cc: ment...@community.apache.org
subject: GSoC 2018 mentor request for <mentor name>

<project> PMC,

please acknowledge my request to become a mentor for Google Summer of Code
2018 projects for Apache
<project>.

I would like to receive the mentor invite to <email address>

<custom content>

----

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
[2] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5718432427802624/