Yes, the 1.x client can be used with a 2.x broker and vice-versa.

Also it has been tested the upgrade and rollback scenario. Eg: live upgrade
a cluster to 2.0 and rollback to 1.22 in case of any unexpected problem.

It would be nice to automate this tests with the integration framework that
Ivan has added.

--
Matteo Merli
<mme...@apache.org>