Hi -

Pulsar plans to release DEB and RPM convenience binaries and we need to discuss
the artifacts. How they are named and why each one is required.

My experience with releasing these types of binaries is from OpenOffice where
we have released DEB and RPM binaries for a long time. See
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.5/binaries/en-US/

Starting from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/pulsar-2.1.0-incubating-candidate-4/

Look into both the DEB and RPMS directories and note that both “apache-" and
“-incubating" are missing from the names. Unless there is good reasons that are
explained with the explanation accepted then the names need to be changed in
the next release candidate.

What is “Packages.gz” in the DEB directory? Is that name prescriptive?

Please explain repodata in the RMPS/repodata directory.

Regards,
Dave