On 01/28/2010 07:20 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
For example the application may need to distinguish between the
following scenarios as the behaviour could be different for each case.
Connection closed with an error code - the behaviour would depend on
the error code.
Host unreachable - it may try the same broker after configurable
interval in case it was due to a temporary network failure.
Connection refused - then it may decide to try the next know broker.

While network and broker failure are indeed different conditions - which I think is your key point - I'm not sure it would always be possible to accurately determine which one[1] it was and I'm still not entirely that anyone would want to treat those differently.

[1] There is for example also the case (different from both of these) where the network connection is established (e.g. socket is accepted) but the broker or network fails before AMQP connection handshaking completes.