I'd also suggest the patch I made w/ QPID-1904 - The C++ AbsTime &
Duration values are not set to a consistent epoch, which causes
problems when you try using QMF timestamps across Linux and Windows,
and even on Windows when you try and talk between Python and C++
clients.  I submitted a patch which forces the epoch to that specified
in AMQP, instead of inheriting it from the platform, which seems quite
wrong for a network protocol across platforms with differing native
epochs.  The epoch is calculated once, and the conversion was already
relative to a base, so there should be no performance hit.