Please ask questions on the users mailing list.

There are no 3.6.0 or 4.2.0 versions of the old AMQP 0-x qpid-client,
so I guess you are really referencing Camel versions there. Given that
and the rest of your mail, I think what you are more specifically
asking is really whether there are plans to support Jakarta Messaging
3.x (which is entirely independent from requiring Java 17, though some
projects have updated to both at the same time in their own releases)
for the old qpid-client. That client isnt really actively maintained
anymore, and there have been no discussion about such support, and the
old qpid-client is also only a JMS 1.1 provider anyway so it would
need a lot more than just package import renames, so I believe the
answer is no.

The newer AMQP 1.0 Qpid JMS client has had Jakarta Messaging 3.x
support since its 2.0.0 release in April 2022, current version is
2.5.0.