I've recently spent some time using the new API. I'm a big fan, but I have a problem.

My app involves multiple long-lived server components in occasional communication. In general, the components should start and keep running whether or not the broker they use to communicate is up.

The API does a good job of recovering from dropped connections, but it doesn't really support a model where disconnection is normal and expected. It makes it hard for me to forget about the operational details of communication. See QPID-2978 and QPID-2937.

To take a strong position (and therefore solicit strong feedback!):

The API has a connection bias, and it's a poor fit for distributed apps like mine. It would be better to make local queuing primary and connection state secondary.

Justin