On 03/08/2011 04:47 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com
<mailto:g...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 03/08/2011 09:50 AM, Robert Godfrey wrote:

        On 8 March 2011 04:48, Rajith Attapattu<rajit...@gmail.com
        <mailto:rajit...@gmail.com>>  wrote:

            Each time the getEnumeration method is called we create a
            new consumer.
            I fully understand the reasons as to why each enumeration
            needs to have
            it's
            own consumer.

        Is creating a consumer really that expensive?  Or is the issue
        that the
        whole queue is then (potentially) sent to the client?

    Or is it that the subscriptions are never cleaned up correctly? (The
    mail on the user list talked about increasing numbers of subscriptions).

The subscriptions are only cleaned up if 'close()' is called. In this
case the user is repeatedly calling 'getEnumeration()' without closing
the browser.

If each call to getEnumeration() creates a new subscription, then I'd think that the cancellation should occur when the Enumeration is exhausted or discarded.