I waited and waited and that email never seemed to arrive back, so
after another announcement arrived later on I sent it again (using a
different, non-Gmail based method) and it actually turned up this
time. That said, note to self: check the mail archives first next time
just in case Gmail is doing something odd and not actually showing you
a message you sent+received that everyone else actually did get. Oh
well, double announcement, oops... :P

Robbie