Given that we voted to stop releasing standalone artifacts for the
pure ruby client with the last release, is there any reason to keep it
in the repository?

I noticed that the first thing that happened with the 0.10 release was
that a user came looking for the ruby client when the artifact went
missing, found the code in the 'full release' archive instead, and
just used that. A highly effective removal.

I have said in the past I'd prefer to use a non-trunk attic area, but
the concensus was to go for deletion, although nothing has happened
since that discussion.

Robbie