On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 12:31 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> The broker at present will log warnings about overrunning timer tasks
> and late wakeups. Not surprisingly, a common question from users is
> whether they should be concerned with these statements and how they
> prevent them.
>
> Going back to the logs however, I think these warnings should be demoted
> to informational statements (at most). It is much easier to turn them on
> if needed (--log-enable info+:Timer) than it is to turn them off if not.
>
> I know this has been raised before... any objections to making this change?

If this is a common issue that users are running into and is confusing
them then demote the messages.

We've been running with them for a long time now and as far as I can
tell have turned out to be less useful then I originally thought they
would be for debugging.

Typically they only tell you that some other process is taking up a lot
of CPU and that the broker isn't making good progress on its own (but
that they mean this is not at all obvious).

Andrew