On 07/05/2013 05:06 PM, astitc...@apache.org wrote:
Author: astitcher
Date: Fri Jul  5 16:06:14 2013
New Revision: 1500052

Log:
QPID-4627: Implement most  of the remaining selector special identifiers
Implemented:
   message_id, correlation_id,
   jms_type, creation_time, absolute_expiry_time

The creation_time property is currently
implemented as the time the message was put on the queue (if enabled
in the broker) as amqp 0_10 has no standard way to indicate the
creation time and we're not currently holding the creation time for amqp 1.0
messages.

Not sure what you mean by 'not holding'. The creation time is set by the client, not the broker (since it is in the bare message).

JMSTimestamp is 'the time a message was handed off to a provider to be sent. It is not the time the message was actually transmitted because the actual send may occur later due to transactions or other client side queueing of messages.'

It looks like the JMS client sends JMSTimestamp in the timestamp field of delivery-properties over 0-10 (though the 0-10 spec does say that is set on the server).

I think a better solution would therefore be to have a getCreationTime() in Message::Encoding and for the 0-10 encoding pull the timestamp out the delivery properties if there, and for 1.0 use the creation time.

That way the implementation will be compliant with both AMQP and JMS when using 1.0, and compliant with JMS when using 0-10.