Github user k-wall commented on the issue:
    Hello Olivier
    Thanks for the contribution.  It is much appreciated.
    I am not too uncomfortable with the idea of special casing of the state
behaviour for this one type of VirtualHostNode.
    I think in the long term, in general parent objects should have some way to
react to the state of the their child, but I think this would want to be done
within the common mechanics of AbstractConfiguredObject rather than applied
piecemeal.   It would be useful to be able to apply different rules - for
instance a virtualhost might be considered critical whereas a
BrokerSyslogLogger not.   This would be a larger piece of work.
    I am looking for another way to solve your problem.   Looking at
`BrokerImpl#performActivation`, it currently checks the immediate decedents of
the Broker if `broker.failStartupWithErroredChild` is set.   We could alter
this code so it can either check immediate descendants or the state of the
entire tree.  If the code had that ability would your use case by answered?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: