Matthieu Simonin commented on DISPATCH-957:

In attachment the log files of the two qdrouterd.
 * router0 is where clients are connected
 * router1 is where servers are connected

I ran (conf in attachment):
 * {{oo deploy --driver=router g5k}}
 * {{oo test_case_1 --nbr_clients=100 --nbr_servers=100 --nbr_calls=1000 
--pause=0.1 --timeout 200}}


> Unbalanced memory consumption in a 2 routers configuration and specific 
> workload
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: DISPATCH-957
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-957
>             Project: Qpid Dispatch
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Router Node
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.1
>         Environment: * At the time I was experimenting, I built the router 
> from the source and
> used 22400df dockerized. It's available in docker hub : 
> msimonin/qdrouterd:22400df or msimonin/qdrouterd-collectd:22400f 
>  * ombt version used embeds the following library
> oslo.messaging==5.35.0
> pyngus==2.2.2
> python-qpid-proton==0.19.0
>  * I used ombt-orchestrator to deploy all the stack using the g5k provider 
> (see
> https://github.com/msimonin/ombt-orchestrator/) In a local machine setup,
> vagrant provider can be used but I'm not sure if it is reasonnable to scale 
> the
> above number of agents. I've attached nevertheless the configuration used.
>  * Host Linux distribution is debian9
>            Reporter: Matthieu Simonin
>            Assignee: Ken Giusti
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: call.png, cast.png, conf.yaml, conf.yaml, inc-calls.png, 
> mem_usage.tar.gz, router0.log, router1.log
> After discussion with Ken Giusti we deem appropriate to fill a bug to track 
> the
> following behavior.
> Note also that the exact version used in the following description isn't 
> exactly 1.1.0 but one built from source 22400df (master back in february).
> I started two interconnected routers (router0 and router1)
> router0 is where all my consumers connect router1 is where all my producers
> connect .
> The workload is an RPC test using oslo.messaging library using calls
> (resp. casts) : clients keep sending message and block for the response 
> (resp. do not block).
> I've attached some observations:
> 1)
> With 100 consumers and 100 producers and calls I observe a higher memory
> consumption of router0 in comparison of the memory consumption of router1 (see
> calls.png). Casts seem to less affect the router memory. Calls usually 
> requires
> more ressources because of the return values flowing back to the producer but
> I wouldn't expect this big difference.
> I've attached a tgz in which, you'll find the results of qdtsat -a,-m,-l
> * before the benchmark (start)
> * early during the benchmark (during)
> * late during the benchmark (during-1)
> * after the benchmark completed (after)
> 2) I've run a second test increasing incrementaly the (#clients, #servers) : 
> [50, 100, 200, 500] (calls only)
> see inc-calls.png
> in this case the difference of the memory consumption between router0 and 
> router1 is [50MB, 100MB, 300MB, 1.5GB]

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@qpid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@qpid.apache.org

Reply via email to