Here’s my 2 cents on publicity: do a little and often, and use lots of pictures.

Very few people are tuned into the first broadcast of a new radio station, but
more people tune in over time if there is regular good content. So, don’t bust
a gut trying to make huge splash for the release. Make a short factual post
about the release. Then work on some more content (say a demo, or a brief video
of a demo).

In both tweets and blog posts, a graphic helps get your message across. So, aim
to have an architecture slide ready to tweet in 1 or 2 weeks. And a slide about
Quickstep’s memory format (or whatever) in a week after that.

Also, do a tweet and a blog post each time a significant feature lands in
Quickstep (hopefully at least 2 or 3 per release).

Julian