GitHub user zuyu opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep/pull/241

    Added the optimizer support for Partitioned Hash Joins.

    This PR added the optimizer support for Partitioned Hash Joins, if one of
the input relation has partition info. For repartitioning, it may add
`SelectOperator` for a base relation; otherwise, we may reuse the existing
`SelectOperator`, and modify the `InsertDestination` of the output relation to
`PartitionAwareInsertDestination`.

    ```
    /*
     Whether Build or Probe needs to repartition.

     | Probe \ Build    | No Partition  | Hash Partition h' | Other Partition |
     | No Partition     | false \ false |   true \ false    |  true \ true    |
     | Hash Partition h | false \ true  | false* \ false    | false \ true    |
     | Other Partition  |  true \ true  |   true \ false    |  true \ true    |

     Hash Partition h / h': the paritition attributes are as the same as the
join attributes.
     *: If h and h' has different number of partitions, the probe relation
needs to repartition.
    */
    ```

    Assigned to @jianqiao.

    $ git pull https://github.com/zuyu/incubator-quickstep
reorder-partitioned-hash-join

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep/pull/241.patch

    This closes #241

----
commit e7e4998f8a68807dfdcc525bdb76e3067bcac5ff
Author: Zuyu Zhang <zu...@apache.org>
Date:   2017-01-25T09:49:28Z

    Added the optimizer support for Partitioned Hash Joins.

----

---
with INFRA.
---