Jay McCarthy wrote at 10/10/2010 10:58 AM:
So overall I think that #true and #false are good there [in teaching languages]
and I don't see any problem with them being available elsewhere... just not the
default.

FWIW, I would occasionally like to spell out "#true" and "#false" in my code. Mainly when giving a Boolean value, rather than "#f" as a ``none'' value; and in something non-cramped, like a default for a variable, rather than each value in a matrix. But for the majority of uses I would prefer to write "#f" in my code, and to also see that as the printed representation most of the time.

If "#true" and "#false" were just alternative read syntax for "#t" and "#f", and they always printed as "#t" and "#f" (except perhaps in teaching languages), that would make me happiest.

I think it's not too bad if a new programmer types "#true" in their code and later sees the value printed as "#t". They'll figure it out within 2 seconds the first time. (It's a lot more intuitive than how the printing of a pair changes when its CDR is another pair or a null.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/