Okay, this just sounds stupid: my 'git fetch' is failing on the PLT tree.  I
can ssh to the pltgit machine just fine:

john-clementss-macbook-pro:~/git-clements clements$ ssh git
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
hello clements, the gitolite version here is v1.4-14-g36317c4
the gitolite config gives you the following access:
 C      CREATER/.*
   R W  iplt
   R W  play
   R W  plt
   @ @  testing
Connection to git.racket-lang.org closed.

... but git pull just hangs. I get no useful info, even with a git fetch -v.

Actually, I just tried it from a remote linode (li21-127.members.linode.com),
and it seems to be hanging there, as well.

Am I doing something stupid, here?

John