On Sep 9, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> I'm not familiar with CPANTS, but automating real-world feedback something
> like that sounds useful.
>
> I think you should be conscientious about the tiny "phoning back to the
> mothership with more info" privacy problem, and how best to manage that, even
> if it's just real disclosure (not "privacy policy" smallprint).  I can't
> think of anyone else in the US who is right now, but I think that information
> privacy should always be a consideration in automated community-sourcing
> problems.

Sigh... I respectfully disagree.  I feel that in some ways, this argument eight
years ago prevented us from gathering a whole bunch of information that could
have been quite useful to us.  It depends on whether you see Racket as a
bulwark against a rising tide of invasive internet presence, or as the
potential beneficiary of social media tools.

John