On 2/15/12 8:27 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

On Feb 14, 2012, at 10:26 PM, Asumu Takikawa wrote:

On 2012-02-14 09:58:12 -0800, John Clements wrote:
I sent an e-mail to Asumu about a week ago that sneakily tried to get him to
take responsibility, and it sounds like he might be on it. If not, I'll take
the lead. Asumu?

I'm still up for it. The application process starts on the 27th but we
should do some preparation for it.

First of all though, are people interested in this? If we're accepted,
any students we get are paired up with mentors, so we'll need some
people to volunteer for that. Probably not too many though.

Call for names on dev and user.

I'm happy to volunteer.

The mentor's responsibility is to get their student up to speed with the
codebase/language&  community, check up on progress (once or more a
week), and formally evaluate the student.

Other things we'd need:
  * an ideas list (the github page should do, with some modifications)
  * organization admin (I could do this, or anyone else more
    appropriate) and backup admin.
  * people willing to review student applications

Call for ideas. Set up public code review system as for Chrome.

I'd like to have Android programs that speak the 2htdp/universe protocol and support World-style programming. I have a quick mock-up of both; I can play simple games where one player is running a BSL client on a laptop and the other player is running a Java client on their phone. I can make this more concrete if you'd. Google has supported me in the past by supplying phones. This seems like a good fit.

David
 Racket Developers list:
 http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev