On 08/03/2012 11:59 AM, Doug Williams wrote:
Here is a simple contour-interval example that I don't understand.
[We are changing out some uses of shade in older code when I came
across something I simplified to this.]

Consider the following simple program.

(require plot)

(plot (contour-intervals (lambda (x y) (define z (- x y)) (cond ((< z
-1) -1) ((> z 1) 1) (else z))) -2 2 -2 2))

Whose output is attached.

Why is the lower white triangle not colored red - they definitely
have a value of 1? It's like those points are completely ignored.

It's definitely an error. Thanks for reporting it and providing a small test case.

I'll fix it today and get it into the release, so if you're planning to upgrade, you can proceed as if it works.

Neil ⊥
 Racket Developers list:
 http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev