At Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:02:11 -0400, Greg Hendershott wrote:
> 1. Racket has a wonderful story about simple installation.
>
> [..]
>
> For many users, a monolithic(ish) simple install will remain a wonderful
> thing.
>
> As best I understand, the proposal isn't to get rid of that, instead
> it's to supplement it with more options.

Yes.

> If so, (a) great! And (b),
> this may still be tricky because we wouldn't want that _message_ to
> get obscured when announcing the new, more sophisticated thing.

Right, we'll have to pay attention to that.

> 3(a) Speaking of which, I think there is some backlog of pull requests
> on GitHub. Would it be simpler to to accept any more of these before
> the source layout universe changes, or too much to deal with so punt
> until later?  (I don't know either way, just wanted to point it out.)

It doesn't matter to me. Pull requests based on a recent HEAD are
obviously easier for me to deal with, but I can sort requests that are
based on old file locations, too.

Of course, I'm not the only (or even main) person who deals with pull
requests, so others will have to speak up if they have different
opinions.

  Racket Developers list:
  http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev