Well, I think Ryan is talking about people who are coding a new
feature that's nearly ready. Not soliciting ideas for last-minute
ideas to try to rush into v6. Nice try, though. :)

Having said that, have you tried using at-exps for this?

I've only thought about this for a few minutes, and there are pros and
cons, but:

- - - - - - -

#lang at-exp racket
;;    ^^^^^^

;; Don't like regexps in quotes?
(regexp-match #px"^foo" "foo")

;; Do this instead:
(regexp-match @pregexp{^foo} "foo")

;; OK, but:
;; 1. A bit verbose.
;; 2. Those aren't precompiled regexps, like with #px
;; 3. Also if the {} spans multiple lines, it needs to be converted
;; into just one string.
;; So:

(define px (compose1 pregexp ~a))
(define rx (compose1 regexp ~a))

;; Now you can write this:
(regexp-match @px{^foo} "foo")

;; Ta da !!

;; You can include newlines without using \n
(regexp-match @px{^foo
                  bar} "foo\nbar")

;; But bad news, you can't use \n anymore.
;; (regexp-match @px{^foo[\n]bar} "foo\nbar")
;; => regexp: illegal alphabetic escape

;; The other way is to @ quote:
@~a{@#\newline}
(regexp-match @px{^foo@"\n"bar} "foo\nbar")

;; OTOH, good news is that regexp backslashes can be used as-is -- no
;; need for the extra \
(regexp-match @px{1\.0} "1.0")

;; p.s. How to escape @ in an at-exp? @"@"
(regexp-match @rx{^foo@"@"bar\.com} "f...@bar.com")