On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Robby Findler
<ro...@eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Eli Barzilay <e...@barzilay.org> wrote:
>> Not that it matters, but did you try to see if it's the file
>> permissions?
>
> Oh, they are!
>
> [...]
>
> And that was it!!
>
> If I run:
>
>   $ xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/r/doc/search/index.html
>
> then osascript works again!
> [...]
>
> ... I don't know the ramifications of just calling "xattr" from inside
> DrRacket to fix things up. It may be better to just create the file in
> the user's directory instead.

That (the first thing) sounds like a very bad idea, and one that will
most likely fail in a case of a non-private machine.  The second is also
pretty bad since you'd be exluding a central setup in such a situation.
(Not that I see any reason to have a lab of Macs...)

And this is why I said that it's not really relevant -- AFAICT, the fact
that things are setup in a way that prevents passing queries and
fragments means that you just have to deal with it rather than try to
play games with the filesystem.

But of course there's another question of whether the trampoline will
work -- the browser might itself detect the different owner and refuse
to do the requested hop.  Hopefully it doesn't.

[And if it does, then I can only see ugly solutions like open a page
with a known weird title, wait for it to come up and then send it a
command to go to the real target...  Or running a tiny web server at
some known high port, and using an http://localhost:port/, and that web
server will wait for a single request and spit out the forwarding line,
dealing with multiple processes somehow (eg, some random number as a
private identifying cookie).]

  Racket Developers list:
  http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev