Thanks for starting the discussion Marton.

Lets add RATIS-219 to the list as well. We should be good to create a new
release after that.

Thanks,
Mukul

´╗┐On 06/04/18, 7:29 PM, "Elek, Marton" <e...@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    I would like to restart the discussion about a ratis release.

    1. It's hard to find the right time to release as thanks to the
    continuous testing with hdfs/ozone we always have some minor
    issues/improvements.

    I would suggest to do a release as soon as possible and do more frequent
    releases.

    Currently we have three patches available (and no blocker issues)

+-----------+------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
    | RATIS-217 | Support timeout for append entry requests(GrpcLogAppender)
    | ljain     |
    | RATIS-208 | Allow client to specify replication level in a request
    | k8i6t2009 |
    | RATIS-218 | Optimize heartbeating in Ratis for Grpc protocol
    | msingh    |

    Do you know if any of them is a must have for a release?

    2. Also I started to document a process to create the release (WIP: see
    the attachment). Could you please add me to the Ratis project in apache
    cwiki?

    Thanks
    Marton